Frequently Asked Questions

What if I believe I am no longer in a Special Flood Hazard Area?

Please provide Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc. with:

  • A Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA)
  • A Letter of Map Revision (LOMR) Both of these documents are issued by the Federal Emergency Management Agency. You may contact them at  1-800-621-3362.
    Please forward these documents to:
    Assurant Agency, Inc.
    ATTN: Insurance Tracking
    PO Box 202129
    Florence, SC 29502
    Fax: (305) 506-0053

Upon receiving these documents, Assurant Agency will review your request. Please allow 2 weeks for the review process. Assurant Agency will notify you if the flood insurance requirement can be waived.

Please note Vanderbilt is unable to accept any of the following items as proof that the property is no longer in a mandatory flood zone: an appraisal, a survey, an elevation certificate, topography studies, building permits or letters from community officials.

Have Questions?

We’re Here to Help

New customers 1-866-701-0467

Existing customers 1-800-970-7250