Frequently Asked Questions

I have received an insurance claim check. What do I do now?

If you have received a claim check from your insurance company for a covered loss to the home, our process is to monitor repairs, and we would like to see them completed within 6 months. We know this is a trying time for you and having the repairs completed as quickly and thoroughly as possible is important. The following information will be needed in order for us to issue claim funds:

  • Your signed insurance claim check (All parties required to sign).
  • A copy of the Estimate of Loss (Adjuster's Summary) from the insurance company showing the breakdown of the damages that occurred to the home.
  • If you will be using a contractor(s): a copy of the contractor's estimate with the name(s) as they would appear on a disbursement check, phone number with area code, and a breakdown of repairs with the amounts clearly printed. If the contractor requires an initial payment, please mark the amount clearly on the estimate.
  • If you will be doing your own repairs: please provide an estimate from the store where you will be purchasing the materials. Vanderbilt will issue a check for partial payment payable to you once the above-mentioned items are received. As you spend the funds from each disbursement, send the receipts or paid invoices in order to release additional funds to continue repairs. Once all the repairs are completed, please send color pictures of the repairs.

The required information and color pictures may be emailed to Claims@VMF.com or mailed to the address below. You may fax estimates and receipts to 865-380-3418.

ATTN: Mortgage Claims
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc.
PO Box 9800
Maryville, TN 37802

IMPORTANT NOTE: Always include your VMF loan number on all correspondence and color pictures.

Have Questions?

We’re Here to Help

New customers 1-866-701-0467

Existing customers 1-800-970-7250