Frequently Asked Questions

What should I know before moving my home to a different county or out of state?

If you are moving the home to a different state, the home will need to be retitled to reflect the new state. You are responsible for any fees required to retitle the home in that state. If you move your home to a different taxing authority, you should notify both the previous and new taxing authority. You will also need to notify the Vanderbilt Mortgage Property Tax and Insurance Tracking Department that the move has occurred since we pay your property taxes out of your Escrow account. They can be notified by phone or by sending an email to taxescc@claytonhomes.com (be sure to provide your loan number).

Please notify Vanderbilt Mortgage and your insurance company prior to moving the home. For a list of helpful information to guide you through a successful move, please print the Moving Your Home information sheet.

Have Questions?

We’re Here to Help

New customers 1-866-701-0467

Existing customers 1-800-970-7250