Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if I decide to change homeowners insurance companies?

  1. You will need to forward a copy of your new policy to Assurant Agency. Please make sure the new policy meets the insurance requirements listed under “What type of insurance coverage is required”. You may also login to your online account or create an online account to submit a request to update your insurance information or review other options regarding “How do I update my homeowners policy information?”.

  2. Important! You must contact Assurant at 1-800-260-6762 to give authorization to accept the new insurance information.

  3. Contact your previous insurance carrier to cancel coverage and obtain any refund of premiums due.

Have Questions?

We’re Here to Help

New customers 1-866-701-0467

Existing customers 1-800-970-7250